Tucson- Looking for feedback before we finalize plans

All- Decking question. We like the look of Travertine, but are interested in learning about other decking options that look high-end but cool on the Arizona feet. Pictures are welcome even if they are photos from elsewhere on the internet.

Jiim- Thanks for the input. What about the actual pool pump? Does it get a relay?

Most VS pumps are wired to constant 220 volt AC and are controlled by a serial cable... so no relay is involved... The automation controls the pump's speed via the serial cable...

Any single speed pumps will need a relay.

Some Pools and Spas only use a single pumps that is shared by both the pool and spa... Some have two, three or four different pumps, it just depends on how the pool builder decides to build it..

The standard EasyTouch can control two IntelliFlo VS pumps...

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... A lot of Spas have a blower motor, some don't... if yours does, it will require a relay..

Jim R.

Update- We have signed the contract and put about 15% of the money down. Permits were approved this past Friday. Next step is the BP is doing an internal (Manager) review of the project. Once this has been completed they will begin the dig. I have attached a picture of the design.

Pool Specs:
Size 20x29, 13K Gallons, 5ft is max depth, 20x20 Ramada, Travertine Decking, submerged 6 person spa, Lagoon, gas fire pit, (4) gas Tiki torch's, artificial turf, Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Universal H-Series Heater, Hayward 36 In Sand Filter, (2) Hayward Tristar 950 pumps, Hayward Aquarite 900 Salt Cell, Hayward Sense and Dispense, (4) Hayward Deck Jets, Hayward Color Logic lighting, Hayward Robot Cleaner.

We have two pumps because two of the seats in the spa have 4 jets each for a total of 12 jets in the spa. Can anyone suggest a good Solar Heater? I realized that we had not researched this and it was never brought up by the PB. I want to have this installed during the build by the PB. We live in Arizona and receive plenty of sun. The rear roof of the house is sloped and faces South East. Not sure if we would need to use the house roof or the attached porch roof. Any suggestions or lessons learned would be appreciated. I assume the pumps we have would be enough to operate the solar heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.