SWCG for Intex

Jun 28, 2015
Lexington, SC
I know this is really old but is there another (affordable) system available for small (16’ round by 4’ High) pools if I end up having to replace my Intex?

its very hot here, before we got the sw system, even with perfect water we went through soooooooo much bleach and forget going on vacation as 3 days gone ended in 3 weeks to get rid of the algae.

but we got this system 3 yrs ago. The start of the second season the fault in the cord went bad, they replaced the system. A month into that systems second season I got this low salt error. Replaced the plates with the ones in the old 1 year old system and 3 weeks later it was doing it. We’ve tried cleaning both sets of plates and so far nothing works on either. I don’t want to spend another $200 on a system I have to replace annually.

You can order replacement plates from Intex. It's been several years, but the last time I did so it was around $70 shipped.

I remember seeing a small SWG system at Wal Mart last year that wasn't an Intex. It was around $100. I don't know if it would connect directly with the Intex hoses or would require an adapter.

I think the Intex is the cheapest system out there (if you are patient you can get good deals at amazon or walmart) So far I have been running continuouslyfor 1.5 years with no problems. One thing I learnt is you need to maintained balanced pool especially pH to maintain the plates. I havent had to do chemical clean of plates so far (which eats into the life). Ebay is good source of spare parts ( bought a store return for $40 including shipping.. turns out the unit works perfectly... guessing the processor did not want to test and marked in parts only sale, I bought for parts only)

I know this is really old but is there another (affordable) system available for small (16’ round by 4’ High) pools if I end up having to replace my Intex?

its very hot here, before we got the sw system, even with perfect water we went through soooooooo much bleach and forget going on vacation as 3 days gone ended in 3 weeks to get rid of the algae.

but we got this system 3 yrs ago. The start of the second season the fault in the cord went bad, they replaced the system. A month into that systems second season I got this low salt error. Replaced the plates with the ones in the old 1 year old system and 3 weeks later it was doing it. We’ve tried cleaning both sets of plates and so far nothing works on either. I don’t want to spend another $200 on a system I have to replace annually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.