Hole CHEWED in liner!

Thurston

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2017
RI
Winter here in New England and my pool has a thick sheet of ice up to just below the top step on my in ground pool. I went to check on things a couple of days ago and there is a hole on the top step. Looks like a squirrel or something chewed right through the vinyl liner!

Of course it started raining heavily, the water rose above the step and then the temperature dropped 25 degrees and it froze (just a typical winter day in Rhode Island).

I'm not sure what to do, I've only been living in the house for a year so this is my first winter with a pool. I assume I should at least patch it when I can, but then can I install a permanent patch? I really hope I don't have to replace the liner.

HELP!

You can always try a patch first. The next couple days we be close to 50 up here so get the water below that hole and try to keep it from going behind the liner. Get a patch on that hole.

Great question, and the answer is none. I had to buy a new cover, it ended up being a custom size/shape and arrived much later than quoted. By the time it arrived the weather had turned and I never installed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.