Adding UV Without Spending $1000

Why did you stop using it?

My very unscientific testing showed it was providing no benefit. It looked like I was using more chlorine with it plugged in. I have an autocover so my pool only gets sunlight only when we are using it. Once it was unplugged my FC drop seemed less between uses, unfortunately I did not log my results in the pool math app so I don't have the numbers to back it up.

Look at SpectaLight UV. They make an in-line single bulb system.

- - - Updated - - -

My very unscientific testing showed it was providing no benefit. It looked like I was using more chlorine with it plugged in. I have an autocover so my pool only gets sunlight only when we are using it. Once it was unplugged my FC drop seemed less between uses, unfortunately I did not log my results in the pool math app so I don't have the numbers to back it up.

Very likely. UV-C does interact with chlorine and will neutralize it. If there are no organics around to oxidize, the UV light will destroy FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.