Anybody know about water softeners?

cfherrman

TFP Guide
May 10, 2017
Hays, Kansas
Well I have been working in the basement and I could hear my junk softener doing a Regen, for more than a day. Messed with it and it's time for a new one.

Our water is hard, 250, and I'm going to fill the pool through the house with the softener and filter.

I did some looking and I can afford the fleck 5600sxt 64,000 grain at 8% resin. This gives around 3600 gallons before a recharge.

64k grain is about the largest residential softener you can get. You can go higher by doing a dual tank system if you like spending lots of money. I suggest finding one that uses a Clack Corp control valve as those are the “best in breed” controllers.

Please, just remember, no galvanized to brass connections! I just found another one (in an electric water heater that runs the casita shower) and I’m going to strangle the “plumber” that did the install if I ever find out who it is....

Dual tanks were about a grand while the one I'm thinking about is $670. I'll look for a clack.

I have 1" pvc from the water well and pump tank, to a copper pump pressure controller, maybe 3/4 copper to my whole house filter, 3/4 pex after that, and everything is pex after that.

I'm probably will get rid of the copper and change to 1" pvc all the way to the softener

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.