Patio Heaters

Sep 10, 2012
Tampa, Fl.
Want to place one or two portable patio heaters on the lanai adjacent to my pool when it gets cool outside. Have done some research etc, but you get on overload with all the different manufacturers, etc. Pricing is all over the board, but want to get a quality heater that will perform well and have some longevity to it. Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated. :confused:Thanks !!

woodyp: That is a concern and my thoughts when priced so inexpensively. Academy is off my consideration list. Appeciate your post.

BasicTek: Good price no doubt. Will check them out. Saw a brand named Heat-Wave at B.J's, big box store yesterday for $99.00 Had a stack of them. Went to the BJ's web page to read about them and they have them priced on-line at $119. but sold out. Assume they are trying to get rid of them in local stores at a reduced price. Raises questions ???

i’ve had several over the years, all were very similar. while visiting my nephew, i saw a very different type. it looked conventional except for a long handle that allowed the user to tilt the reflector and focus all of the heat in one direction. i now have one myself. it is much more useable

Brentr: Like you, we also would only use for small gatherings and special occasions. Going to go by our local HD and check them out. Considering the price and how long you have had yours has got my interest. Thank you for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

jmikeb: Like the handle idea. Often times, just my wife and I and would like the heat directed in one location. Thanks for the information. Was not aware there were units that could direct the heat. Thank you for your post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.