Cladding an Intex Pool with timber

Has anyone actually covered their Intex pool with wood cladding? I was thinking of getting a timber pool but the liners on the Intex pools are much thicker. I have a carpenter that can build a frame round it and clad it so that it is totally weather protected. Would be interested to know if anyone has done this.

I would worry about the liner rubbing on the wood if it's too close.

A purpose built pool will be easier to change the liner while a Intex with a wood shell sounds horrible to change

The wood won’t touch the liner and the carpenter will build it so that it can be taken down in sections should I need a new Intex pool. I had a timber pool before. The kit cost £4000 and I had to build a concrete base. At least with an Intex pool I don’t need a concrete base and the whole build including pool, wood and Labour will be less than £1500. There is a company in Spain that does it which is where I got the idea from.

If you look at intex with deck pics there have been a lot of them done where the whole pool has a freestanding frame around it that wraps around the rail of the pool. That’s basically what you would need to do to make yours claddes in wood. But you still have to pay close attention that you build on a compacted and level surface! Sand at the very least

9900EC3E-82CA-4F8E-92BA-04D09350B7B5.jpg
08C4B7F6-D4E7-427E-B85A-B0735A155DD5.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.