Polywood chairs on sun shelf?

Jun 22, 2016
FL
Is the polywood brand (based from recycled plastic/wood particles) safe to submerge in water, placed on a sun shelf in a salt water pool? I would think so but haven’t seen anything on the interwebs and the company’s Q&A does not address this.

Thanks for anyone with experience/knowledge!

Do you have any of this furniture yet? I have many pieces and wouldn't place it in the pool. It is so heavy that I'd worry about gouging into the pool's surface with any movement.

I don't think it would be all that great for the furniture either.

Maddie :flower:

Do you have any of this furniture yet? I have many pieces and wouldn't place it in the pool. It is so heavy that I'd worry about gouging into the pool's surface with any movement.

I don't think it would be all that great for the furniture either.

Maddie :flower:

I do. Just picked up 4 adirondacks. It feels like just a very heavy plastic. I could see concerns with the stainless steel hardware (small bolts) but thought that the chair material might be ok. Maybe prone to some discoloring but thought I might be able to use them on days we are in the pool and then just clean them off after use.

I just asked them “Can Polywood furniture be used in a pool, say on a 12” deep shelf?” I’ll let you know the response. The material is HDPE, pigments, compounds, etc. with marine grade stainless steel fasteners.

Polywoodoutdoor.com if you’d like to ask anything else more detailed. Go to About then Contact Us.

I just asked them “Can Polywood furniture be used in a pool, say on a 12” deep shelf?” I’ll let you know the response. The material is HDPE, pigments, compounds, etc. with marine grade stainless steel fasteners.

Polywoodoutdoor.com if you’d like to ask anything else more detailed. Go to About then Contact Us.

And the reply - "We typically do not recommend using our products inside of a pool as the chlorinated water can lead to potential acceleration of fading of the colored lumber."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you need to cover the polywood furniture in the winter or summer when your not using it? I get tired of covering my current outside furniture. Is it worth the cost for polywood, I know it does look very nice.

In MD it's fine. In NV?? Can't imagine anything petroleum based holds up too well over time fully exposed there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.