Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check Cell Goldline AuquRite

1. Back To Top    #1

Check Cell Goldline AuquRite

I will be away for a few weeks and the check cell light should be coming on in the time frame I will be away. My question is will the cell still produce chlorine while this light is on? If not is there some way I can keep it from coming on while I am away? Thanks.
    18X38 Grecian 26000 gallon In Ground Vinyl. Goldline AuqaRite SWG with a 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Triton 2 Sand Filter Two main drains with 4 main returns with 2 more returns on the swimout and two skimmers. Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check Cell Goldline AuquRite

Just check the cell and clean if needed that way it shouldnt be a problem. The light is a dummy light that is basicaly on a timer. It will still produce chlorine as long as the cell is clean.
    22,000 Gallon inground gunite
    Pentair Intelliflo pump
    Pentair tr-100 sand filter
    Pentair Minimax NT 400,000 BTU heater
    AquaRite chlorine generator
    AquaPC-On Point chemical controller

3. Back To Top    #3

From the owners manual ( http://www.haywardnet.com/products/M.../Manual239.pdf ) page 8 -
    "To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
    the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua RiteĀ® will remind
    you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours of
    operation. After you inspect the cell (and clean, if necessary) press the small "diagnostic"
    button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and
    start the timer for the next 500 hours."
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots

4. Back To Top    #4

Just to clarify the good advice from above The unit will still produce if any of the lights are simply 'blinking' - it only shuts down when one of the red or yellow lights is constantly on.

Please do as was said and inspect the cell, and clean if necessary, and don't worry about it while you're off relaxing
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)