Can Not Post - Says Swears But...No Swears?!

Aug 24, 2013
I can not post due to a site error:

"Ooops, your post contains some curse words. Please remove them in order to post.

We strive to have the most family friendly forum on the internet and this includes keeping all language G-rated.

Also, please don't try to use symbols in place of letters to post curse words, such actions will not be tolerated.

Please watch what you type in the future and help us keep a clean running forum."

This is crazy, my post contains no swears or simulated swears...

Yup, I’ve had that happen too. Just re-write it a bit. The filters aren’t perfect and sometimes pickup weird letter sequences as swear words. TFP uses very strict filtering to keep the site from devolving into the toilet bowl which happens all too often on web forums.

Well that is a bit frustrating. There should be tolerance as your account status grows too, those with thousands of posts with no infractions should be allowed to bypass the filter as trusted members. After all you've earned it. I will try changing a few things.

Glad you found a way around it. So you are saying you did not change any words? Just did a copy/paste/edit paragraph by paragraph? I will talk to our IT guy about it.

Thanks for letting us know AND finding a way around it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just tried starting a new topic and got the same message. I am all but done with this site, you will never gain more active users at this rate. PoolSpaForum here I come :)

Anything offensive or close to swears here? I had to edit line by line AGAIN: Using DeFoamer With Spa Purge?

Our IT guy says he sent you a message about this. I think he said he sent it to your email. Please look in your junk folder if you did not see it on your main page. He has some ideas but needs to talk to you.

We would like to get this sorted out and hope our IT guy can figure it out with your help.

Kim:kim:

I had it happen too somehow my first post. Somehow it looked like it had signed me out at the same time. I copied my post, then signed back in, told it to "remember me" this time, pasted my exact post, and had no issues. I've had no issues since. I always tell it to remember me now though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.