New Build in Lakewood, CA

Dec 14, 2017
Lakewood
Hello TFP!

I have been lurking this site for a few months now and have been meaning to post my pool build but haven't had the chance to. Anyway, the pool is complete and I am on my 3rd day of startup but would like to share the build process that started on September 29.

Here is the design:
95c21ab7-aec7-4fe7-b30a-d11598e4f93e.jpg

Rumpus room to be torn down:
9dafdb3a-a339-4eee-a09c-9bca127d4363.jpg

The space after the tear down:
34367b2b-be1b-43c6-ba16-29df964d0b60.jpg

HI! I can't wait to see your build since it should go fast for us LOL

That rumpus room...Did it have power going to it? That would be fun to demo but not to have to get rid of!

Did you buy the property with the room and concrete already there? That is a LOT of concrete. How many dump trucks did it take to remove everything?

Kim:kim:

Hey Kim! Yes the rumpus room had two 20 circuits going to it. That power was re-routed for planter lighting and future gazebo. The demo was crazy and fun at the same time. The concrete was already there and yes it took a lot of dump trucks, 7 to be exact. The rumpus room had 18" x 24" concrete footings (yikes).

Thanks Texas Splash. Glad to have found TFP.

More pics to come. Just need to figure out how to add more attachments since I already used my allotted space.

The design looks great, can't wait to see the rest of your project! We had a Rumpus Room as a kid, not sure what it means to "Rumpus" but we had a ping pong table and eventually a Pool Table, wish I had one today! On a side note, I think I see a ghost in your 3rd photo.

Thanks Greg! I used it as my workshop to begin with but then the kids took over and used it as their hangout. I wish I didn't have to tear it down but it was either remodel the rumpus room or a pool. Yeah the ghosts are my kids from the pano shot LOL.

Concrete removed 10/6/2017:
X1EPhBk.jpg

Excavation Day 1 10/9/2017:
dp40TbC.jpg

5fJwm4N.jpg

Tight fit
nd1pyIp.jpg

End of day 1 dig. Background of the smoke from the Anaheim fires:
tBZ9MzP.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
James, lookin good! Those ELB fundraisers are about to be turned up a notch!! Haha. Keith Whitt is a buddy of mine and my son played at ELB through pinto....I saw your first post, and said, hey, I know that backyard!!

Cant wait to watch the rest of your build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.