Another new member joining the forum located in Sunny DownUnder

Costas > DownUnder

Bronze Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Adelaide | Australia
Hi All,

Looking at having a fibre-glass pool installed early to mid next year.

Have spent almost all of this year running through quotes and basically bringing myself up to speed with all the technical know-how, well as much as I have been able to digest and understand.

I will be a first time pool owner (Always wanted one as a kid but parents always said NO).

I'm now 51 and the wife and daughter (8yr old) are also on my back about getting a pool... so now's my chance..!

My wife and I have also ensured that my 8 Yr old has been taking formal swimming lessons for a few years now (started at 3) and she is now at a level that she is very confident in water - She is way better than me...! albeit I never had formal swimming lessons so I'm just a hack at it.

Still at the very early stages as yet - I have pretty much decided on the builder but have not signed anything as yet - More than likely this will be done sometime in Jan 2018.

No doubt I will have heaps of questions - Although I do try and use the search facilities as much as I can to minimise the usual noob questions asked over and over and over again....:D

Thanks

Costas

Costas,

Welcome to TFP... A great resource for all your pool research... :shark:

Since you are from DownUnder, is it true that you have to use special water in your pools so that it does not just fall right out? :p

Thanks for a great Intro.. Looking forward to all your questions in the applicable forums...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Hi, it's great to see another Aussie face! We signed our contract on Dec 5th for an inground concrete pool. Dig will probably be early Feb after initially been told mid-late Jan. We really wanted fibreglass for a lot of reasons but it's not possible with our block. You'll be swimming in no time once you sign contract. We have an 11 and 6 year old and only now feeling more at ease about getting a pool as they are both confident swimmers. Looking forward to following your thread.

Excellent! Where are you and which company are you learning towards?

Located in Adelaide - SA

We are looking at signing up with Rainwise.

The Adelaide crew are a small family run outfit which uses their own dedicated permanent contractor workforce - They are dealers for shells from Summertime Pools in VIC.

There is a lot of clay based soil movement where I am located so opting for a FG build over concrete. We also don't have an overly large backyard so the proposed pool area pretty much suits a medium sized rectangular shape and that's about it - no fancy obtuse dodecahedron shapes here....:D

We are looking at some landscaping etc so the whole project will be (hopefully) around $60K to $70K.

That sounds perfect! We too have chosen a family run business. Fibreglass is a good choice for clay I've heard. We don't have a big yard either. Our front yard is accessible and big but no easy access from the house. We're putting in a 3.2 x 6m and with everything included it's coming in at a similar price to you. May as well do it properly if we're going to do it. Looking forward to following your build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support