Hot Tub NOT reading correct temperature

Jul 21, 2017
Monroe Township
I have an older BeachComber hot tub. I recently replaced the Hush Pump (now working fine) and the thermistor / Hi-Temp sensor (I thought was faulty but doing the same thing as the new one...).

The issue is the thermistor that plugs into the little hole is not reading the correct temperature on the side of the body of the hot tub. It reads 67 degrees while the hot tub is 104+ degrees....the only way the hot tub shuts down to cool is when the HiLimit Sensor and 'OH' displays on the control panel.

I removed the thermistor from the side and checked if it was reading fine. It was. I placed the thermistor in my hand and squeezed tight, the temp reading started to rise. I dipped the thermistor in the hot tub and it started to quickly read close to 100... when it got to 104 then the hi-limit kicked in. I removed from the hot tub, dried it and exposed to the 40 degree air and it immediately started to read a lower setting. With the thermistor out of the hot tub, I placed a regular kid thermometer in the hole....it was reading about 70 but would go off because it was a kid thermometer and I guess it was not in the range to report. But the hole where I place the thermistor was definitely not 100 degrees....any suggestions for this? In the meantime, my hot tub is too hot and only cools when the "OH" sensor kicks on.

I have no clue on this...other than this, everything works fine for a 14 year old hot tub...Any help on this would be greatly appreciate.

Also, just to note, THANK YOU TROUBLE FREE POOLS! I follow your site for my 2 year old pool, and so far I have no problems thanks to you!

--Mike

Sounds like you have a plumbing blockage or an airlock in the line the thermistor is in.

Can you post a picture of the plumbing where the thermistor is?

I read a couple of the older manuals and they talk about an airlock and a couple of thumb screw valves to release it. Do you know where those valves are?

Thanks for the quick response. After I posted this, I went into some similar threads....I ran the hot tub with both pumps on for about 10 min, then switched the air bubbles on / off, then changed the valve to direct more water towards the feet area....after about 5-10 min in, the temperature started to slowly creep up. I have to say that it is working fine....I also removed the thermistor...looked inside, it was a long hollow tube, checked not blockage, but I actually unscrewed the new thermistor out of the holder and reseated it better (the back was insulated better) and definitely tighter....now it is registering correctly.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.