Alkalinity Test

blay127

Gold Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Montgomery, TX
I couldn't find anything by searching. Having an odd thing with my test, TF100 alkalinity. I've done it several times before with no problems, however today, as soon as I put a few drops of the green reagent in, the test turns red. Never turns green at all. Does this mean 0 alkalinity? Also of note is that my PH is very low, below 6.8 by a good amount I imagine. I am finishing up the last few days of a new plaster startup and the service company doing the startup was here today to balance the water. No clue what they did other than obviously a ton of acid. Thoughts on the goofy test results? Thanks

Marty's right, TA of zero and your water is extremely acidic. Talk to your builder ASAP, this is causing damage to your brand new plaster.

Is your service company affiliated with the builder?

My mistake, I did not think an acid startup took things quite that low.

I guess they probably know what they are doing, I am so used to panicking at those TA results I didn't think of an acid startup. Worse comes to worse you have your results documented here with a date stamp now. Just in case ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.