Adjustable Freeze Protection Kit - 7026 on Aquaswitch

Nov 20, 2017
San Antonio
I have an older AquaSwitch Panel. The label on the box is marked Model: 7300/7488/7495/7496. Its old but it works great. Before the winter starts I wanted to install an anti freeze kit that would turn the pump and heater on when the outside reached freezing temperatures. I looked at the installation guide and it said under "Installing Optional Equipment", "Mount the Freeze Sensor in the Low Voltage raceway, as per instructions included in Freeze Sensor Kit, Part No. 7026. I went online and ordered as Adjustable Freeze Protection Kit - 7026. This sensor has a knob to adjust the temp for turning on the switch. I removed the bezel panel from the box, installed and connected to the correct wiring spaces indicated.Went to re-install the panel bezel but it will not close because the knob protrudes to far out. Do I have the right part (Part # 7026)? After I figured out it would not close, I un-installed it and never powered it on since I did not want to blow the board if I had the wrong part.

If this is the right part? It is possible to drill a whole in the front bezel to accommodate the switch, but I don't want to do this if its the wrong part and in the end will not work, or worse end up frying my board which I do not want to replace. Has anyone had experience with this unit and freeze sensor? I am adding pictures that illustrate.

Attachments

• IMG_6033 (1).jpg
    IMG_6033 (1).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6034 (1).jpg
    IMG_6034 (1).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6032 (1).jpg
    IMG_6032 (1).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 20
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I myself have been away from the site for a while, and after some poking around came across your "first" post. Sorry you haven't received a reply yet. Of course pool season is a little slow right now - unless you live down-under. :swim: Still, always good to see a fellow local from SA join the forum. While I have my own pool talents, sadly your scenario is not one of them. But at the very least I wanted to welcome you to the forum and give this post a quick :bump:. If you haven't resolved the issue already, maybe someone will see the post and reply. Feel free to reply back as much as needed for visibility. Have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.