Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Okie Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Okie Pool

Installed Thanksgiving week 2006:

Keeps saying my pic is too big but here is a link

http://www.imagestation.com/7048567/3922948945
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Donnie, I'm experimenting with restricting picture sizes so people don't have to scroll across the page to view. I'll post something in the rules for furture reference, but if you don't mind, try submitting again and make sure the dimensions of the picture are 800x600 or less.

Thanks,
    Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'm no computer guru but properties says it's 2580x1932
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

4. Back To Top    #4
    That's pretty big. lol
    You should have the option to "resize" the image or something along those lines and you can set how large the image is.

Here it is at about half the 800x600 size:
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Beautiful pool. Nice set up.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Thanks Sean! And another thanks for putting it in the slide show. Took a plunge a few minutes ago. 73 degrees aint enough but sure felt good after yard work!

Donnie

7. Back To Top    #7
    We decided to heat the pool this weekend - 89° . The highs now are 80+ and the lows are only in the mid 60's, so I think we'll be able to just run the heater a little bit each day and start the swimming season!
    TFP Founder

8. Back To Top    #8
    We are having similar weather with a little lower lows. Our problem is the wind. 20 to 30 mph. The evap and motion makes it hard to heat. I raised it from 71 to 76 in one hour yesterday evening. I gave up after that.

9. Back To Top    #9

decking?

Hi Donnie. Where are you in Oklahoma? I am in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa. Anyway, I have a question about the concrete/decking around your pool. What materials did you use for the deck next to the pool? Does your back yard slope down from the pool or did you lay the decking on the ground? I know that seems like a silly question, but we have 25 year old pool (just bought the house) and want to expand the concrete on the back side of the pool. Right now, it just has a 4 foot walkway around it. But seeing your picture, I wonder if we should just add some decking materials there instead. Thanks.
    Michiele
    Newbie pool owner
    25,000 gallon inground, vinyl lined pool, sand filter