In Ground Pool Skimmer leaking question

lyynx3

Nov 20, 2017
Maricopa
Hello all
So I lost pressure at my pump and did the bucket test and found that I have a leak. I shut off the auto fill and the leak stopped right below the skimmer which tells me it is somewhere under there. My question is I still have standing water in the skimmer itself even though the water level is below the skimmer. If there was a leak below the skimmer wouldn't the water in the skimmer drain out also? There are no visible cracks around the skimmer itself. Or could this be the water from the main drain coming up on the other pipe? As you can tell I am not a plumber or play one on TV..lol I am hoping for the best in not having to shell out a bunch of $$ but know that may not be the case. Thanks for any insight or feedback you can give.

Is it vinyl or plaster or fiberglass pool? This information along with your equipment and testing method should be in a signature line so that we can see at a glance what you've got. It makes it easier to answer questions.

You can find the signature set up under "Settings" Thanks :)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.