Naples Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I have the Pentair Easytouch with a wired indoor control panel. I would like to add the Screenlogic interface so I can control it from my iPhone. Is there a installation video of other instructions out there so I can see how to do the install before I buy it?

That's great, I just ordered it, can't wait to get it going. Too many times I'm on my way home and wished I could get the spa going so it would be ready when I got home. The install is probably easier than I think.

Just install the Screenlogic, very easy. I had a small issue with accessing outside of my network but a call to Pentair cleared that up pretty quick. It's not the best home automation app going but it seems to work and does exactly what I needed it to do. I also connected it to my Amazon Echo system so I can just ask Alexa rather than looking for my phone.

Just install the Screenlogic, very easy. I had a small issue with accessing outside of my network but a call to Pentair cleared that up pretty quick. It's not the best home automation app going but it seems to work and does exactly what I needed it to do. I also connected it to my Amazon Echo system so I can just ask Alexa rather than looking for my phone.

Coastal--

I am also considering installing the ScreenLogic controller. I currently have a Pentair Intellitouch control system, with one interior control panel. Can you elaborate on which ScreenLogic kit you used, and what the install procedure was? It looks like I need the Pentair 522104 kit:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pentair-522104-ScreenLogic-Interface-and-Wireless-Connection-Kit-Bundle/522104.htm?xzm2&ecmpid=aw_pla_search_522104&adtype=paid&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg8Sbj8ns2AIVxIl-Ch37FAiPEAQYASABEgKQ9PD_BwE

Was this the same kit you used? I read the user's manual, but it was somewhat unclear on how the parts connect to my existing equipment. Did you connect the protocol adapter to the wiring at your interior control panel, or use the wireless adapter? As with all wifi devices, I'm a little concerned about range. Does the interior control panel still work normally after installing this device?

Coastal--

I am also considering installing the ScreenLogic controller. I currently have a Pentair Intellitouch control system, with one interior control panel. Can you elaborate on which ScreenLogic kit you used, and what the install procedure was? It looks like I need the Pentair 522104 kit:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pentair-522104-ScreenLogic-Interface-and-Wireless-Connection-Kit-Bundle/522104.htm?xzm2&ecmpid=aw_pla_search_522104&adtype=paid&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg8Sbj8ns2AIVxIl-Ch37FAiPEAQYASABEgKQ9PD_BwE

Was this the same kit you used? I read the user's manual, but it was somewhat unclear on how the parts connect to my existing equipment. Did you connect the protocol adapter to the wiring at your interior control panel, or use the wireless adapter? As with all wifi devices, I'm a little concerned about range. Does the interior control panel still work normally after installing this device?

ss,

The kit you listed above is the one you need...

You can either use a 4-wire cable, and hard wire between the Com port on the IntelliTouch to the Protocol adapter inside your house... Or, you can use the included Transceivers/Antennas as a wireless link instead of the cable.

Basically, the IntelliTouch talks "Pentair" into one side of the Protocol Adapter and the adapter converts it to "Ethernet" so that you can talk with your home local area network.

There in no direct WiFi used by ScreenLogic... If using your PC, the PC talks with the protocol adapter just like anything else on your home network. When using a tablet, the tablet talks to your home WiFi system which then can talk with the protocol adapter. When using you cell phone and away from the house, your phone connects to the IP address of the adapter via your cell service. If at home you can use your phone's WiFi...

I have it and love it... I believe it makes programming and using the EasyTouch or IntelliTouch about 10 x easier.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Reactions: Christine F
ss,

The kit you listed above is the one you need...

You can either use a 4-wire cable, and hard wire between the Com port on the IntelliTouch to the Protocol adapter inside your house... Or, you can use the included Transceivers/Antennas as a wireless link instead of the cable.

Basically, the IntelliTouch talks "Pentair" into one side of the Protocol Adapter and the adapter converts it to "Ethernet" so that you can talk with your home local area network.

There in no direct WiFi used by ScreenLogic... If using your PC, the PC talks with the protocol adapter just like anything else on your home network. When using a tablet, the tablet talks to your home WiFi system which then can talk with the protocol adapter. When using you cell phone and away from the house, your phone connects to the IP address of the adapter via your cell service. If at home you can use your phone's WiFi...

I have it and love it... I believe it makes programming and using the EasyTouch or IntelliTouch about 10 x easier.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim--thanks for the reply. A couple of follow up questions:

- I assume the interior Intellitouch panel is still functional after installing the ScreenLogic?
- do programming changes made in the ScreenLogic get reflected in the Intellitouch control panel?
- How well does the wifi work? Is it worth the trouble (and it will be considerable) to run a hard wire from the Protocol Adapter to the panel?

Thanks again.

ss,

My system is hard-wired only because my EasyTouch is right next door to my computer room.. So, for me, it was the easiest thing to do. I did not use the wireless connection hardware.. This wireless link is NOT WiFi.. it is more like the link between your old wireless phone and the phone base.

Just based upon what I see on this site, it must work pretty well, as I don't see many complaints..

If you currently have an inside wireless remote and it works, then ScreenLogic's additional antenna and transceiver should also work. One does not replace the other, so you can have both your current remote plus ScreenLogic.

ScreenLogic is just an add on that lets you talk with the Automation system.. all the programming is still stored inside the EasyTouch or IntelliTouch panel.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh,

I highly suggest that you set it up on your PC first, where you can see it all at the same time and get to understand what it can do.. After that, add it to your phone/tablet. It will be much easier to understand how it works..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.