We installed a 15 x 24 above ground pool over the weekend and we are finishing filling it today. Our water comes from a municipal well and is very hard. As the pool fills, the water seems to be clear, but yellowish. It completely slipped my mind to get a test kit, so I don't have any test numbers. We have had a floater with chlorine tablets in it since it started filling. I want to get rid of the yellow and have the water sparkling as soon as possible, but I don't know where to begin. Should I start with liquid bleach or a shock treatment? I've read about the BBB method, but I'm still a little confused as to how to get started. We have no pool stores in the area (small town, Michigan), so I'm limited to Kmart and the supermarket. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!