Softub jets will barely bubble after drain and fill

Oct 20, 2017
Port Edwards, WI
So, I have read around a bunch on this problem and it makes sense that the issue is probably air trapped in the plumbing but almost every thread I have read approaches this problem from the angle of it being in a normal spa, not one of these softubs with the outboard pumping system. Does anyone have any expertise or links to manuals / diagrams that show how to bleed air of the system with one of these?

Just to verify my issue, this is what's going on....

Tub was working great mid summer. Had a lot of bad storms and wacky weather so it went untouched for quite some time. The thing had over filled with rain water, raising the cover up and allowing all kinds of leaves to get into it.

1) Unhooked the pumping system and it let it drain out.
2) Dumped the rest of the water out by tipping the actual tub up on it's side and cleaned it while it was standing up like this.
3) Removed the water filter and the other screw off plastic cap over the water intake (yeah I dont know the technical name but I know it's an intake of some sort)
4) Thoroughly cleaned both, removing the mesh bag from the filter and spraying it out as well. There was a ton of plant decay and stuck leaves around these.
5) Put all parts back on, reattached the pump and filled
6) After it filled and I turned the pump back on, everything sounded normal.
7) I pushed the button for the jets and I could see them turn on and start shooting water but no bubbles. No big deal at first, it's designed with a valve on top of the tub the won't let it bubble until it's opened.
8) Twisted that valve and bubbles began but very very few.

(Not the exact model but you get the idea)

t-140.jpg

Something probably got into the air line and is clogging the venturis. Remove the air line plug all together and with the jet pump running plug the jets with your hands (this will force water into the air line) and see if it flushes out any debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.