converting soon

2130 - FC was 15 ppm. for a loss of 0. Added 0 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm.

I aslo checked CC this time, haven't done it yet. If I am doing the test right my CC is 15 also. Is that normal for my CC to be that high. So as of right now FC = 15, CC = 15.

I know I'm not ready yet as I have not held and only lost 1ppm overnight, but I wanted to check the CC to ensure I know what I was doing.

1st post of the 4th day,

0800 - FC was 7 ppm. for a loss of 8. Added 232 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 4

Went on a motorcycle ride with my buds so I let the pool go until jsut now.

1730- FC was .5 ppm. for a loss of 14.5. Added 2.3 bottles to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 4

Lets hope I can get back on track and tonight the pool only looses 1ppm, pool water is clear as class, will post picture at my next feeding.

2030- FC was 14.5 ppm. for a loss of .5. Added 15 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 5

look'n good so far, I love it when I don't have to add a complete bottle. If everything continues to go as I hope then I should be swimmng by this weekend, got to go to work again tomorrow so I won't be able to continue a 1 hour schedule.

2130 - FC was 11.5 ppm. for a loss of 3.5. Added 102 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 3.5

hmmmmm......my numbers actually went up this time, so my measurement was wrong last time or I put to much bleach in or it was wrong this time, going to measure in 30 min again just in case.

2230 - FC was 17 ppm. for no loss. Added 0 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 5

Testing must have been right, no change after 30 minutes

2300 - FC was 17 ppm. for no loss. Added 0 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 5

See what happens when I wake up in the morning, lets hope it only drops 1ppm then we can do what we need to do next I think which is change the media.

Day 5

Checked it this morning before going to work.

0630 - FC was 13 ppm. for a loss of 4 since it was at 17 last night. Added 58 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 5.

Will check it again at around noon time when I get home from work today, normally would be around 3pm but have an appointment today so at 12 noon I can start checking again every hour. I have that feeling that I am almost done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dave, looks very very clear, glass like I would say, some a little dirt/sand/something in the middle collecting will vacuum it up later today, looks really nice.

Prior to yesterday, it was overcast or even sprinkling at times for the few days that I started, yesterday was 97 and very sunny of course so kind of doing like you mentioned, early dosage and then started again after 5pm, so I saved alot of bleach I'm sure. I think the rest of the week will be like that, I am really hoping to add stabalizer tomorrow after hopefully being able to clean the media, see what happens today and tonight.

10 drops. I think I'm doing it right.

after I do my FC test put 5 drops of 0003 in, swirl and then start adding 0871 again x.5, in actuallity my CC seems to fluctuate a little bit, I only started testing it so I can ensure I know what I'm doing. should it be doing something else? I haven't put stabalizer in it yet?

Sounds like you're doing it right, I just wanted to verify the CC was still that high and it wasn't a typo of .5 instead. :wink:

Wait till your FC holds pvernight until you proceed with the next steps. You may have a lot of Baq goo in the filter leading to the high CC level.

1230pm - FC was 1 ppm. for a loss of 14. Added 2.2 bottles to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 4
1630pm - FC was 1 ppm. for a loss of 14. Added 2.2 bottles to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 3

Probably should have waited since it is hot and sunny, lost I suspect all my chlorine to that.

1800pm - FC was 6.5 ppm. for a loss of 8.5. Added 1.4 bottles to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 4
1900pm - FC was 14 ppm. for a loss of 1 ppm. Added 29 oz to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 3

Well weird stuff happening again

at about 2000 - I measured FC was 20 ppm. for a gain of 5 ppm. Added nothing to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 3

Im thinking wow, I only added 28 oz last time to get it to 15 how in the heck did it get to 20 so I tested it again at 2030 and got a reading of FC was 17 ppm. for a gain of 2 ppm. Added nothing to get the FC up to 15ppm. CC = 3.

Let it come down, haven't had to add anything, don't know if my measuring is causing it or maybe something else, not a biggy, saves me bleach right :lol:

Water is still clear, will keep a eye on it and hope that after I go to bed we only have 1 ppm drop or none at all so I can start heading to the finish line.

Disappointment!!!!

Went to bed last night at 2300 and my FC was 14.5 ppm, woke this morning and tested at about 0630 and my FC was at 11.5 ppm. Drop of 3 ppm, dag nab it.

I had those stupid algea spots again on the bottom of the pool so after I added chlorine I did a quick sweep down to break them up. I think today when I get home I am going to replace the water inlet corrigated line and rince the lower basket and pump with bleach, try to scrub away some of whatever is causing this, I replaced the other two lines the other day.

How long can this take, I thought that leaving the pool at shock level for this long would have killed any lingering whatever?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.