Leaves in pool after re-plaster?

Jul 26, 2013
Will having a pool full of leaves hurt new plaster(most likely quartzite) during the startup period? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a re-plaster but I am a little worried because the only way I can keep leaves out of my pool this time of year is to run the cleaner every day. Per the startup procedure I won’t be able to do that for the first few weeks after re-filling the pool so it will accumulate a lot of leaves during that time. The plaster contractor we are leaning towards doesn't think it will be an issue but I was hoping for a second opinion from TFP to make sure he isn't just telling me what I want to hear. I want to do the job relatively soon (and so does the contractor) but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn’t be a big deal to postpone it until January or February when the leaves finally stop falling.

I don't have a plaster pool but I have LOTS of leaves ;) In your shoes, if you were prepared to leaf-net daily to stop them from sitting, OR use a leaf net over the surface, I'd go ahead. Otherwise I'd wait. While it might not be an actual problem, why risk any adverse condition on a new plaster job? That's my 2 cents ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.