New member just need assurance before closing pool.

Sep 23, 2017
Leesville, LA
I have owned many 3 intex pools since 2009, this year we built a deck for this pool so this one is the keeper for now. It is a 22'x52' round vinyl pool, I have 2 sand filters, mainly for personal comfort when circulating debris and bugs. I use the test strips when testing pool and some times doubt the readings. One reason is because pool is rarely ever cloudy. I know sometimes it just needs to be vacuumed. Can physically see the algae and usually is back to normal after vacuum. I get confused mostly on the alkalinity. The PH reading will be good at first but the alkalinity is low. I fix that then do another reading the next day and the PH is too high? Water gets cloudy then it takes forever to get water clear again. So end up vacuuming again and adding fresh water. Then all clear again. Why does that happen? What am I doing wrong? Which test strips are better? Are there ways to minimize the Algae when you have steps in the pool? Also Looking for recommendations for better sand filters with awesome circulation and How build outer skimmer? Look forward to any and all suggestions..... Thank you..... Have a blessed Day!

Vaccumming alone does NOT rid your pool of algae. It just helps out the SLAM process. There are NO test strips better than any others. They all are inaccurate and inconsistent. You should order a TF100 from TFTestkits.net. Spend some time in Pool School to brush up on the basics and that test kit will help us help YOu diagnose any problems. Welcome to the forum.