Ran out of R-0871 in the middle of a SLAM Friday night. how can i get some tomorrow?

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I never have had to do such an extensive SLAM. I'm hopefully towards the end of it but now having tested and retested so many times I ran out of my last bottle of R-0871 much faster than I thought I would. I didn't see it coming since it took me 2 years to get through the first one. I used 66 drops tonight and don't think i'll have 66 drops tomorrow morn to do the OCLT. should i run to the pool store for a chlorine tester? even, now, with amazon prime I probably couldn't get something until monday. I know there's another kit folks seem to like on this site. maybe they have faster shipping than TFTest kits? thx

I've seen others have this issue and it's usually very difficult. You can order from tftestkits.net and they have fairly quick turn around, some amazon sellers offer prime 2 day and I found one that says they offer same day but it's require $35 only certain zip codes usually apply and it's a giant 16 oz bottle. You can check local pool stores but apparently most of them don't carry it and many won't even know what you are talking about...

I remember one year I ran out and thought I'd try Leslie's. Of course they didn't sell it, but the newish teen who was working the counter said well maybe we could order you some. In the meantime I can give you some to use. Well what do you think he does? He pulls out one of those Leslie's water testing bottles and filled it about 1/4 way with R-0871 (I watched him pour so was sure I got the right reagent). Made my day :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.