Waterfall not flowing properly

Sep 22, 2017
Arlington
Ive searched the forums, but most are dealing with spas and stone issues.

We just put in a fiberglass pool with a waterfall feature that goes into the pool. The piping goes from the skimmer basket to the pump thru a cartridge filter to the inline chlorine and then it goes thru a diverter that sends water back to the 2 jets and the waterfall. I can turn the waterfall completely off or full blast, which sends water to the middle of the pool. a 1/4 turn is the usual place for the waterfall. Everything worked fine for the first 3 months. My problem is a third of my waterfall is not as strong as the rest. Its a simple 24" pvc job that hooks into a 1 1/4 pvc pipe. The builders had to use some heat on the fittings to bend them into the correct place, but everything else was fine. The entire surround is stone and glass tile.

Ive tried using a ruler to clean out the opening. When I turn the diverter to full the whole stream is fine, but when I put it back to normal a short time later the third is not flowing right. 2/3 flow as a waterfall away from the fountain and straight down. 1/3 tends to curl under and is obviously not as strong. Looking at the side you can see the 1/3 is falling back and not in line with the rest. There is only one connection inside the fountain. My fear is a leak on one side from the heating, but don't want to tear up my brand new fountain to check.

Also, it is brand new we've had water in the pool since day one (fiberglass). So they've poured concrete 3 months back and we just had a sundeck coating all around this last week. The filter has been cleaned several times, but gravel and junk from all the work may have gotten to the fountain. I didn't really notice before the sundeck was put on, but the fountain wasn't touched, all around it was. And the pool has had tons of junk, leaves, and aggregate lately.

Any ideas of cause or cure?

Thanks in advance.

Tenn

I've noticed a similar thing with my waterfall. What I have learned is I wasn't paying enough attention to my filter. When the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure it is time to clean the filter. The other problem I have had is with tree frogs, There is a nice recess down in my fountain for them to live in, and you cannot reach them with any tool I have.

I noticed you said that the water goes through a "inline chlorine" once is leaves the filter. Is that a salt water generator?

I've noticed a similar thing with my waterfall. What I have learned is I wasn't paying enough attention to my filter. When the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure it is time to clean the filter. The other problem I have had is with tree frogs, There is a nice recess down in my fountain for them to live in, and you cannot reach them with any tool I have.

I noticed you said that the water goes through a "inline chlorine" once is leaves the filter. Is that a salt water generator?

No, its chlorine. Ive cleaned out the filter and basket a few times... the pressure goes back up, but the one side is still weaker

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.