Pool Quote in Georgia Feedback

Sep 17, 2017
ALPHARETTA, GA
Hi all - I'm new to this forum and have really enjoyed learning and starting "pool school." I am in way over my head in not understanding our first quote we have been sent from a company. I have listed it below. I am a little bit in sticker shock honestly. I really wanted to stay below $40K. My question is am I being unrealistic? Would love some honest feedback. Thanks!

POOL:

Perform excavation for an approximate 250 sqf custom Architectual form shape swimming pool to be constructed out of shotcrete, (4000 psi air applied concrete, shot with air pump ) with 3/8” & ½” steel rebar tied a minimum of 12” on center throughout floor, walls and bond beam. Pool will be 4ft in depth.

COPING:
Will be 1.5”-2” flagstone (Mixed Pattern)

WATER LINE TILE:
Basic 6” frost proof waterline tile. Refer to catalog. (Upgrades Available)

INTERIOR FINISH:
Standard Pebble, Wet Edge Technologies

DECKING AND OTHER ITEMS:
The designed plan will show a total of 800 square feet of brushed concrete decking.
Includes approx. 80 sqf of stack stone retaining wall
Drainage to prevent water intrusion into residence and pool if applicable. Deck includes deck drains and / or area drains as needed with 4” pvc pipe to out flow past deck to tie into existing pipe to low point of yard.

INCLUDED EQUIPMENT:
· (1)Jandy 1.5 h.p stealth pump for pool
· Lights – (1) Color LED pool light
· Polaris 280 Cleaner with Hayward Booster pump
· PD4 Remote System with I-Phone control app
· Jandy Salt System or UV System

PLUMBING:
· 2 – Swim quip U3 skimmers and Equalizer
· 3– Return inlets
· 2 – 9” x 9” main drains at each pool and spa VGB rated
· 1 – Water Overflow fitting
· Check valves on all suction lines
***** ALL PVC schedule 40. 2” and 1 ½” pipe, valves and fittings.

ELECTRICAL:
We will provide wiring for all pool equipment and lights from residence electrical panel.
The pool steel reinforcement will be bonded (grounded) by electrician and properly inspected. (50 amps required).

PERMITS:
Permit will be acquired by contractor. If survey is needed the homeowner is responsible.

Other Items Included: Dumpsters, dirt removal, and Blue John Services

AFTER POOL COMPLETION:
· New surface break in. We will come out every other day for 10 days to be sure the proper amount of chemicals and brushing of the pool are done. This is very important for the curing of the new surface. This is highly recommended by the National Pool Plasters Council. We do not sub this work out.
· We will also have one of our pool technicians come to your house to give you a pool school to be sure you know how to operate your new pool. My technician supervisor is available 24/7.

TOTAL FOR ABOVE POOL: $50,150.00

WARRANTY INFORMATION:
· Shotcrete shell (structure) Lifetime (structurally sound)
· Equipment Manufacturer (3 Years) & Labor (1 Year)
· Pebble Finish 15 years (manufacturer)
· Plumbing 2 years
· Decking 1 year
· Tile 1 year
· Coping 1 year

Payment terms:
10% at signing
30% at excavation
30% shell completion
15% at tile & coping completion
10% at deck completion
2.5% at completion of interior finish
2.5% due at project completion

Upgrades:
Pavers: additional: $5,400
406000 BTU Pool: $2,850.00

250 sq feet sounds pretty small - what are the actual dimensions?
Don't let them sell you the FusionSoft salt system or any UV system.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Ditch the UV system.
Ditch the booster pump and pressure side cleaner ... this is the most inefficient way to clean a pool as you have to run 2 pumps. Get a robot instead.
Make the main pump at least a 2-speed if not a VS pump.
Consider switching from flagstone if you are going with a SWG. I do recommend the SWG though.

It is going to be very hard to lower the price by 20%

I honestly had no idea how much a pool cost when I was quoted so I feel your sticker shock! Not sure about GA but here in North Texas it seems like entry level is around $50k. That is going with modest options. My buddy had a pool put in 30'x10' close to your square footage for just over $50k.

I was just about to make a thread asking folks for opinions on my pool proposal too! Im in arizona and we just got bids from 4 pool builders, our lowest came in just under 50k. Basically 108' perimiter dive pool with 500 square feet of travertine decking. It does seem high at first but after doing some reserch i think its a pretty standard price. From what i understand thenonly way to save significantly is to do the build yourself without a Pool builder, ie you organize and hire the different contractors and take care of all the permits etc. i considered that but it sounds like a nightmare to me personally although im sure its a good option for someone with some experience with that sort of project.

Consider that it costs the same to bring in the big rig equipment to dig a small pool as a big one. So you're paying a standard amount yet you only want a small pool.

That's one reason your bid is eye popping high to you.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.