Jandy Pump Controller - Set Time is whacky

Apr 30, 2014
United States
Hey Guys,
The other day I went to check my pump controller and there was no time, at least not in the format I knew.
When I went to set the time/date, it still was in this weird format. I defaulted the system but it hasn't changed.
Please look at the attached picture.
Two things happened in between when it was normal up until now. 1. There may have been a power outage. 2. My wife used it.
I will put the blame on the power outage for my own protection.
Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 30
Does anything else work on the controller, can you see the schedules or run manually. You might try disconnecting it, turning off the power then back on again, otherwise call Jandy service you may need a new one tel:800-822-7933

I finally figured it out.
First of all, Thank You all. This site has been such a huge help.

JamesW, I think you were right, it was ahead of its time, LOL.

Seriously though, I had to go to the set time section and just Hold the down button. As it started counting down from 9,996 the front 65 number also started going down and when the larger back number got down to about 8,000 the 65 number got down under 12 and just started to recycle around from 12 to 1 and the PM/AM would change as well. At that point I just had to keep holding the down button until the back number got down to below 60 and then it would recycle around the normal time and would allow me to set it correctly. So about 15 to 20 minutes later and a sore thumb, it is fixed. LOL

Just a couple other notes. The timer schedule would not work with the odd time. Also I tried holding the up button to see if it would go to 0 after 9,999 but it actually started counting past 10,000 so that was no easy way out. I also shut the power circuit breaker off to my pump to see if it would reset but that did not help either.

Hopefully this may help someone in the same situation.

Thanks Again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.