Aqualink pda stuck on waiting

winn

Sep 7, 2017
monroe
Good evening,

My aqualink suddenly quit working this past sunday. I searched the web and found a thread on here from 11/13/2012 and followed the directions to a T and it still will not connect. After following the procedure stated the handled just kept blinking while trying to connect. The Mounted unit also kept blinking both red and green and would never turn solid color. How might I trouble shoot if it actually the board or the handheld?

PS I did notice some condensation inside the handheld on sunday morning but it powered up with the code Waiting.

Check the wire that runs from the transceiver to the box, AND the connections at both ends. Black and red wires are power. If things light up, those are good. It's the green and the yellow that are important. Those move the data back and forth, and if they are disconnected, you will get the symptom(s) you are having.

Check the wire that runs from the transceiver to the box, AND the connections at both ends. Black and red wires are power. If things light up, those are good. It's the green and the yellow that are important. Those move the data back and forth, and if they are disconnected, you will get the symptom(s) you are having.

thank you, I will give that a try and get back to you.

Since you seem to have looked at the basic troubleshooting of wires damaged/poorly connected and RF channels to the PDA, I would give this guy a call (http://bpelectronics.com/). Eliminating the PCB board can be done with a PC and the Jandy emulator software using an RS485 to USB device ( connected to the RS485 Terminal block) where the RF wires in to confirm the main-board (PCB) is operating but I am not aware of any tests that you could perform to test the RF Transmitter or the PDA (receiver) without substituting parts that are known to be functional without more specialized hardware or RF diagnostic tools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.