Bestway pool w/ intex pump

Aug 21, 2017
NC
I have a Bestway round 12x30 (56417E) and it came with a small 300gph pump (58382E). Obviously the pump barely makes a dent in attempts to keep the pool clean so I have opted for the Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pump 1200gph (28643EG).

My question is what adapters do I need to install this to my smaller inlets/outlets of my pool? The outlet that came with the intex pump is too big as well and doesn't include inlets, so do I need adapters AND appropriate sized outlets and inlets? Or do I just continue to use the outlets/inlets that came with the pool and just get the adapters for the bigger hoses?

So confusing and I'm hoping someone else has done this exact conversion that can point me in the direction of the parts I need.

Thank you in advance!

I received a Bestway/Coleman 26' pool as a gift this spring.. I never removed the plugs on the suction side of the pump. I installed a Hayward Skimmer WM when it was about 1/2 full. I have plumbed it to my sand dollar/Pentair Dynamo filter pump combo.
However I do use the Coleman/Bestway filter pump for my vacuuming. That cartridge just gets the fine stuff better than my sand filter. I did this by installing a 1-1/2" tee below the skimmer and putting 2 valves out of it.
On the return side I used a hayward aimable ball return. It took some finagling but I got it centered in the bigger return hole on the pool so it does not leak. It is just plumbing...to get your bestway/Intex pump to plumb to 1-1/2" pvc just see all the links that have been done. Lowes sells the pvc part you need to convert and it is pretty easy. Read twice... measure Twice and cut once !! good luck

Yes I believe the bestway hoses are 1.25 and the new Intex are 1.5

The adaptors im seeing (like the ones you linked) seem to b only for hoses, so do I need to purchase an appropriately sized new outlet or can I just use the original outlet? I ask because the new outlet that came with the Intex pump has a directional jet and the old one doesn't so I didn't know if the old one would allow for proper flow

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.