Aqua Check vs. Taylor K-1766 results

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
The SWG should be up and running hopefully by this evening. Last week, I checked with the K-1766 and my levels were at 1,400. Added 200 lbs. of salt and allowed to mix for at least 24 hours. Pool Math states that my levels would have increased by 1,626 for a total of 3,026.

Aqua Check is giving me results of 2,490. The Taylor Kit, with 15 drops to brick color is 3,000. Pretty big difference, especially for salt. I do not want to overshoot and have to drain water. Always easier to add.

I am confident in my testing and followed directions to a T. I will not be adding any more salt and the SWG control digital reading should show levels that are sufficient. Recommended 3,200, but 2,800 is the minimum in where the "low salt" indicator turns on (I believe).

Thoughts on accuracy and what is better? Thank you.

PS: The strips came with the SWG Unit, including the regular test strips which I will not use.

Stick with the Taylor kit, but remember - give the SWG what it wants. If it's diagnostics say the salt is fine and it's producing chlorine don't kill yourself trying to figure out why the numbers don't match.

Thank you Tim:

I would rather leave the levels at 3,000 based on my results. If the diagnostics indicate that I am at 3,000, then maybe I will bring up to the optimal 3,200. Once everything is up and running, I will give you an idea on what the computer read out is. This way, I can have an idea how much disparity we have here.

Quick Question: I read somewhere that CSI for salt should be towards the negative. Can not recall. Curious to know if that holds up. Thank you.

Lights will flash at 2700ppm.
I am sure you will be watching it closely over the next few days.
I keep an eye on my ph, csi is around -.3/-.4.
I inspect my cell twice a year and have rarely have had to clean one. If I do I use vinegar, it takes longer but is easier on the cell coating.

I inspect my cell twice a year and have rarely have had to clean one. If I do I use vinegar, it takes longer but is easier on the cell coating.

Wow, vinegar. I am new to all this, especially with salt cells. Feels weird that next year, no chlorine additions. Now, I am either going to sell the 12 gallons of 12.5% to my neighbor or kind of finish both up. As the weather cools here, the chlorine consumption becomes less as the sun goes down early.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.