Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have had my pool and Jandy Aquapure SWCG for about a decade. I am on at least my third salt cell, the first was rectangular prism shaped and then they became cylinders. I believe this current cell is about 2 years old. On the cell I am getting codes 125 & 194. I took the cell off to check things and the center post of the DC connector came off with the connector - causing water to spout out if the pump is still on. I don't think that is good.

Is it toast or is it possible to have it working properly when I push the post back in?

There is a document floating around called https://images.inyopools.com/cloud/documents/jandy-aqua-pure-error-codes.pdf that says that when you have these codes to inspect the cell for damage and/or clean the cell. The cell doesn't look that calcified, but I will try cleaning it.

One other thing - that documents says a 4:1 water:acid ratio. But the Zodiac Academy technical training manual calls for a 10:1 ratio. You may think that Zodiac/Aquapure know what they are talking about but they recommend 10-50 ppm for Cyanuric Acid which is WAY too low according to the experts on this forum.

With that post coming off I think a new one might be the best thing for you.

I will tell you that each of our recommendations are science based where some of the trades and chemical companies still use the "this is the way we have always done it" thinking. I will leave it up to you to use the levels/ratios you feel most comfortable with.

Kim:kim:

Thanks - I am not criticising the folks on here - I am criticising Jandy as their recommendations in some instances are way off. They recommend 10-50 CYA whereas the reference doc for TFP recommends no less than 70.

I tried cleaning last night using a 1:5 ratio but that didn't see to work as I have the same error codes back. I have ordered a new cell on Amazon and it should arrive tomorrow.

The reference pages here suggest substantially higher CYA when you have a SWCG. I believe that is so that it does not get immediately burned off and then you are running your cell all the time. With higher CYA you can, presumably, run it at a lower percentage. But you do need to achieve a bit higher FC level when you have a higher CYA level.

Wagner, I have a Jandy Aquapure 1400 that is 9 YRO. I have had to replace the cell two times. The original cell was a 2 port rectangular cell. I was able to find new exact replacement cells on-line each time. My system is giving error codes 120 & 121 so I know I will need to replace it soon but can not find an exact replacement. I only can find rebuilt cells or 3 port cells. Did you replace your rectangular cell with a 3 port one?

George - you have had far more luck than I as I am on at least my third cell and I will be replacing it tomorrow.

My original cell was rectangular. When it came time to replace it I found out that the new cylindrical ones have different union sizes. So it is a big job to change them as you need to redo a fair bit of plumbing by cutting off the old unions and replacing them. But I was able to find a newer cell with the old union size - but I don't know that you can still get them. So a few years ago when I but on the current cell (or the one before the current one) I had to bite the bullet and have some of the PVC pipes redone.

The sensors have also changed through the years and the latest models have a little box inline with the sensor cord.

Thanks for your response to my cell questions. I realized if I went to the 3 port cell I would have to do a significant re-plumb to accommodate it so I was considering replacing my SWG system with a new one that hopefully had a lower cell/sensor failure rate. I did purchased a new sensor earlier this year (with in-line box) and hoping to make it thru the summer season. In the winter it is cold and we do not swim so I turn the SWG off and just use chlorine to balance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.