Diving Board fulcrum question (first world issues!)

Apr 24, 2017
Miamisburg, OH
So I purchased a S.R. Smith Frontier 10 foot diving board at the beginning of the season this year. Got everything installed OK on my U Frames, the kids love it, it works great, looks great, etc.

My only problem is that the fulcrum I ordered never seems to stay seated in the right position. After a few extra springy dives (usually when the boys are in the pool), the fulcrum starts to rotate forward, and the the diving board doesn't sit on the flat rubberized part evenly.

I purchased one of the only 2 fulcrums I could find (Inter-Fab, 18") https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFSVYJ4/
The other I saw was an S.R. Smith (though it seemed to have the same design and dimensions as the Inter-Fab)

My U Frame is the thicker kind, so I am wondering if perhaps I bought a fulcrum for a smaller U Frame style. Since I have never really seen (or paid attention to others) I have no way of knowing. The description says it is for 1.9" OD steel tubing. Mine measures about 2" across the tube.

Anyone else ever run into this issue? Do they make fulcrums for larger tubes? Are all tubes the same size? There is so little information online regarding these. I can try to post a pic tomorrow to show what I am using.

Thanks on advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.