AquaRite Problem not found elsewhere display reading volts and temp, but not amps or

Aug 18, 2017
Sanford, FL
OK, I have a problem that I cannot find the answer to.

I have an AquaRite system, and the diagnostics read the volts +32.26v but the amps read +0.0A and 0000PPM. I bought a new salt cell T15, installed it, and I get the same thing. Any ideas?

Yes, those are the numbers when I have the filter in the on position (Auto)
What other diagnostics are you asking for?
and no, I get no "no flow" reading, and my Check cell light is not on.

That is what makes this case weird to me. I have flow

Probably a bad board. Remove and check for burn marks.

Either the power is not getting to the cell or the amp meter in the board is bad.

Try pushing the "+" button while checking the diagnostic readings. There should be a countdown and the board will reverse polarity and there will be new numbers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sometimes the ampmeter fails and reads zero amps when there are good amps. However, I don't think that that's what is happening.

With no load, the voltage is about 30 to 32 volts. As a load is applied, the voltage drops by about 1 volt per amp.

The T-15 pulls about 6.5 to 7 amps with good salt and good water temperature. A 7 amp load would drop the voltage to about 25.

Since your voltage is high, the zero amps is probably correct.

Most likely a solder connection where the relay leg joins the board has failed.

You might be able to repair by resoldering the connection.

Thanks, is there more than one relay? Or is it probably something that I will definitely notice? Also, if that was the case, wouldn’t I also see one of the errors that others see when the K1 relay goes bad? (I think it is no flow or no cell power)? Which I don’t see.

Last edited:
There's more than 1 relay. I don't know the exact layout of the board. The board measures voltage somewhere along the path. If the power fails before where the voltmeter connects, the voltage is zero and you get "No Cell Power ".

So, the power path has failed somewhere after where the voltmeter connects.

I don't know if it's a failed relay, solder connection or circuit board trace. Hopefully, the defect will be visible on inspection and repairable.

Also check where the cell plug plugs into the board as those connections can also fail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.