14x28 pool in Ontario, Canada

eldender

Silver Supporter
Jun 27, 2018
Canada
We signed to have our pool installed in early May and have found myself unable to avoid talking about it constantly.

They started digging yesterday and so I’m startinf my own building thread so channel my obsession and talk about pools with other pool obsessed people. ha

Its vinyl.

I am only 2 days in and already sick of the mess so I can only imagine. Pictures of yours?

What seems to be the unnecessary mess is what gets to me; and with a slight case of OCD, it does not help that I have my gopro capturing the build :)

I've come to realize that when it comes to outdoors projects - I have to follow the 80%-20% rule - with time, I've seen the 20% slowly goes away :)
Also, gotta love the extra costs - gas, electric, site restoration

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/165235-New-fiberglass-pool-in-Richmond-Hill-ON-Canada

What seems to be the unnecessary mess is what gets to me; and with a slight case of OCD, it does not help that I have my gopro capturing the build :)

I've come to realize that when it comes to outdoors projects - I have to follow the 80%-20% rule - with time, I've seen the 20% slowly goes away :)
Also, gotta love the extra costs - gas, electric, site restoration

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/165235-New-fiberglass-pool-in-Richmond-Hill-ON-Canada

stocked your thread and replied there!

The PB hit pure bedrock at around 6'. First picture is when they first hit it and had broken up the first foot or so. Last picture is when it's done. I think they went down about 5' through it (took 7.5 hrs!). I find these photos really don't show the depth very well

1.jpg2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gravel is all filled in now. This week they'll be doing the concrete. It's oddly hot in Ottawa (Canada) right now. The entire week has temperatures of 35+ humidity feeling closer to 40-50. I'm guessing they won't put the concrete in given the ideal temperature is 24-32.

I'm so anxious to get my backyard back. Once the fence goes back up I'll at least feel like I'm not inconveniencing my neighbours anymore!

The PB hit pure bedrock at around 6'. First picture is when they first hit it and had broken up the first foot or so. Last picture is when it's done. I think they went down about 5' through it (took 7.5 hrs!). I find these photos really don't show the depth very well

View attachment 81487View attachment 81488

Wow. Bedrock is so shallow. The main floor of your house must be fairly elevated. Do you have a lookout or walkout basement?

We just passed the city pool enclosure inspection! So happy about that. Liner/water will likely go in tomorrow

dbtgallery.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.