New pool build

I'm in the process of getting quotes for my third pool. After every pool you learn something you want to avoid next time and you also know things you want to add or change. This time I want to have a SWG to avoid the pleasures of dealing with bleach. One pool builder has recommended his best SWG system and I'm not sure what it totally is. He wants to put in a Mineral Springs System. I know that it does consist of a Goldline SWG but adds other things to the water. When I asked what they were he stated that they are other things I needed to balance my pool water. I've been testing my water for years and making the adjustments using BBB and advise from this site and my pools have looked great. Obviously I have not had the need for these other things in my pool. Can someone explain this Mineral Springs system and why I would need it or want it?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue.

Lee

Not sure if this is what they are trying to sell you....

http://www.parpool-spa.com/Page/PoolCare/BioGuard_Mineral_Springs.html

Bio Guard Website
http://www.bioguard.com/mp/v/index....110VgnVCM10000053d7010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

If you click on the picture of the turbo cell and control box it goes to a page where you can purchase the mineral springs product you add to your water. The first is a 30lb bag for 50 dollars. You use 1 bag per 1,000 gallons when initially starting, but only for the first year. Sounds like a lot of $$$

You have a proven system that you know how to use (BBB) and know works, maybe you should just stick to the SWG addition only.

Edit
A cut and paste from the website...

"What do you have to do?

Not much. Check the pH, add 1 lb. (one pound) of Mineral Springsâ„¢ Renewalâ„¢ per 5,000 gallons, once each week (or one bag per 20,000 gallons). The control box will tell you what the Mineral content of the water is (maintain between 3000 - 3500, add Beginningsâ„¢ when it drops below 2800). When you expect a large bather load due to a party, simply put the unit on "BOOST". Mineral Springsâ„¢ will automatically take care of everything for you (and then automatically reset itself when finished!)."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.