So what is a Bacquacil?

Want my best advice? And this is coming from someone who still uses baquacil after close to 25 years....don't do it. Stick with chlorine. OR if you do want to use biguanide-based systems, DON'T also have a DE filter. Use sand. A friend of mine uses sand with baquacil and reports to never have any problems. MUST BE NICE :(

Well, this kind of puts a nail in the thread I think :mrgreen:

Lee, the forum Admin also was a long time Baq user ... I don't think you could pay him to go back ;)

Yeah..and I bet you never thought you'd hear such words of capitulation from me of all people. Cleaned the filter and the pressure is already up 2 lbs in only 2 hours I know I'll be doing it again tomorrow. Am I having fun yet as the saying goes? As if today wasn't bad enough, I was tapping water off the pool due to the heavy rains we just had, forgot about it, took a nap, then went out to find that the water level was almost below the skimmer. I must have run off hundreds of gallons. Adding the hose from my well water to refill. And my pH was already down to 7.2 I'll have an acid bath by the morning....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.