Polaris AutoClear Plus Code 91

bigpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
Deep South
We have the Polaris AutoClear Plus and have been getting a code 91 and very low salt readings. The readings are not correct. We have checked with strips and our salt level is around 3300 but the unit is indicating a 2400 level. We've checked with strips and also had Leslie's check at their store today. We had a fuse problem last year (kept getting a 94 code.)
The hubs changed the fuse and we've been ok until about the last few weeks. I am wondering is anyone has had this problem. We will check the fuse tomorrow, but I am wondering if the unit has just had it. It's about four years old.

Any advice you may offer will be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Mr. Offroad, I asked the hubs about the fuse and he said it was obviously blown when he looked at it and replaced it.

We've been talking to pool people for a week (waiting on the repairman who's backed up.) We've been told you can't rely on the readings on the SWG. We've also been told that our pool (which came with the house) is around 60,000 gal gunite instead of 43,000 gal. Wow! It appears we may need two SWG. If that is the case, we will just subsidize the SWG with floaters. The hubs cut off the SWG because it was so hot when he checked the fuse he was afraid it might be a fire hazard. We've also learned you can't just run the SWG all the time and maybe after a break it will run correctly again. I've got four floaters crammed full of tablets and have managed to keep the chlorine up. We've ordered 25# of stablilizer from In the Swim. When it arrives, we plan get it started in the pool and try to turn the SWG on again and see what happens. I read somewhere you can put your stabilizer in pantyhose and let it dissolve that way. I bought some support hose today to use.

JL, I plan to use your calculator. Thanks so much. I also ordered the test kit recommended on this site. I've been looking at the pool school. The cell on the SWG is clean. The problem is something else.

Our pool situation is frustrating. It is 40 years old and huge. It leaks somewhere. We have to add about 1 bag of salt a week during the good times. No one has been able to find the leak. American Leak Detectors couldn't find it before we bought the house. However, the water goes somewhere.

I've learned a lot on this site. I am checking the chemicals every day. Hopefully we can at least get the SWG going again. A bag of salt a week is a pain, but it's not nearly as expensive as chlorine. Maybe the stabilizer will also help. Our chemicals will never be right due to the leak, but I'll do my best.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.