Jandy Aquapure 1400 Error Code 123 (1 week old)

MNPoolboy

In The Industry
Jun 19, 2013
Minnesota
Hello,
I have Janday Aquapure 1400. I replaced the salt cell (& cord) about a week ago, which I thought was bad. I am now getting an error code "123". I have done the main circuit board tests (https://premium.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/5e517452be9c402b9aef35ce3d54eb51.pdf) and receive all positive results, except for the last two tests, which are testing the cell voltage, both at the board & at the cell. I receive no voltage at all from the PIB, nor do I receive any reading from the cell at the posts. Does this mean that I need a new circuit board? I also received 145 error code (unit was reading the salt at 5300, I normally keep the salt at 3200-3400 and haven't added salt for two years). I recalibrate the salt to 3500 for now & the error code cleared, (although I realized I never ordered a new salt kit this summer from TFT when I ordered my TF-100 refill kit, so I have that ordered to check the proper salt level. my 2yr old TFT salt kit reads 4000, which I have a feeling is high from the old chemicals? I believe my salt should be around 3300-3500), and I get the 123 error code back. Do I need a new main board? I see amazon has two boards, a front (which looks like the one I have) and a back circuit board (which I don't think I have one?). Thanks for helping me!!!!

The first thing to do is verify the actual salinity and set the salinity level to the proper number.

Which sensor do you have, the old style or new style? Did you get a new sensor along with a new cell? A lot of the AquaPure problems were solved with the new sensor.

Are you sure 123 is the only code flashing?

Thanks Ping, I should have my new test kit on Monday and will verify & set the salinity. The 123 code is the only one that flashes. I did briefly get the 145 as I mentioned, but that is the only time I have seen it. The cell came with a new cord and new sensor. The cell/cord & sensor are all the new style.

Hey Ping,
Im still getting the 123 error code and do not get a reading at the board where the swg plugs in. I received my salt water test kit today and here are my numbers:
FC - 9
PH - 7.7
TA - 140
CH - 310
CYA - 60
Salt - 4600
Bor - 30
Temp - 89

Would you suggest: replacing about 25% of the water to get the salt down to 3400 (weird because I haven't put any salt in for 2-3yrs. and have always had readings in the mid 3000's) and replacing the circuit board? Thanks again, I made this new thread as the other one I you were helping me on was old.

Start with reducing the salinity, 25% is a good starting point.

Make sure the sensor is running the correct program, It should be set for B for all firmwares except Firmware 02110A10 which requires program A.

Do you have a small flow adapter card for the sensor, if so has it been properly calibrated?

If the SWG still isn't producing after this then most likely the board needs to be replaced.

Ping,
Here are my numbers today after dumping ~25% & refilling.
FC - 3.5
PH - 7.6
TA - 170
CH - 310
CYA - 55
Salt - 3200 :p
BOR - 30

The sensor is running program A, Firmware 02 11 0A 10. I don't have the small flow adapter card for the sensor (the previous cell/sensor & cord I took out did not have it either). I have set the salinity to 3200. The unit says "Flow", "cell reversing", and shows the 123 error code. Does this appear to be the circuit board I need?

https://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-R0467600-Printed-Interface-Replacement/dp/B008E6KC96/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501626571&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=jandy+aqua+pure+1400+circuit+board

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.