Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I opened our cartridge today to clean the filters. Hubby and I spent over an hour trying to get the cartridge back together. The problem is that not all of the clamps will tighten all the way. We tried opening the cartridge back up and making sure the filters were seated right. We tried adjusting the top in case it wasn't seated right. We tried wiggling the clamps to make sure they were seated right. We haven't had this issue before in 9 years of having this cartridge.

Here's a picture of a clamp that isn't fully tight, but is as tight as it will go?
IMG_2522.jpg

And here's one that appears fine
IMG_2521.jpg

Any advice?

We won't be home all day tomorrow so we're leaving the filter off for the day. Not my preference, but I don't see a choice there.

On the clamp assemblies that aren't all the way in, tap the flat portion of the clamp assemblies on either side of the tightening knob with a rubber mallet then re-tighten the knobs. If no rubber mallet available, you can use a hammer BUT tap VERY lightly.

Regards,
E

I not so affectionately refer to these filters as "The wrist breakers", LOL. I'd double check your tank o-ring. It sounds as if it has stretched out a bit, not allowing the tank top to seat correctly. Especially if you have not had trouble with re-assembly in 9 years. This is a common issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.