I'm new too

Gleave

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2017
Tri Cities WA State
Thanks for the welcome! We got our pool last year and had no problems. We also used the local pool store for testing - this year .... maybe due to the heat....anyway after finding this site I have purchased the Taylor k2006.
This A.M.
Fc- .5
cc- .5
ph- 7
TA- 140 ( was 150 day b4 yesterday 180 the day I received test kit- I added the acid in still water and slowly moved around then turned pump back on after about 4 hour
cya - 80
ive read SO much my heads swimming ---
first I need to bring down the ALK?

First you need chlorine! Fast!

At a CYA of 80 you should never go below 6 but preferably 8 FC. You have a SWCG. Normally if you have low FC and your SWCG is running as it should (depending on if it is of the proper size and being run enough) you have algae.

Get your FC up now. This evening, run an OCLT which is test and dose back to FC 10 after sundown. Leave your pump running and your SWCG OFF all night, Prior to sun up tomorrow, test FC. If you have lost more than 1 ppm FC, you will need to SLAM.

To SLAM your pool successfully you will need to replace half of your pool volume.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.