New Katy Texas Build (Houston)

That wouldn't fly with me. Why would someone do that? I mean the unit was there already. I can't even imagine that? Wait I can. I was on a job where the plumber ran water lines right in front of the boots that come into the basement ceiling for the floor returns and supplies. Coudnt wait to see how they would attach the duct to the boots with pipes right in the center.

I would havs something done with it. So if they have to service. I had to take mine apart last summer cause I had to find a leak in one of the copper lines. I would never have been able to break it down and work on it with pipes around it.

PB has move the pipe touching the A/C unit about 6 inches away now. I believe that should suffice if maintenance is needed.

Also, have some update photos of tile and coping being installed yesterday.

Coping and Tile.jpg

Attachments

• Coping and Tile.jpg
    Coping and Tile.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Coping and Tile2.jpg
    Coping and Tile2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 499

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't want to be too hard on my PB so what expectation should I have on a geometric pool and being square? I see a few spots that are off and bug me a little but are not horrible in the grand scheme of things.

I assume I should just let this go but want the opinion of the forum. My infinity spa is not perfectly square, in some areas it goes from 4" from coping to 3"... Three sides are 4" away from coping while the third is 3" away. Big deal or no?

Plaster is going in right now! WetEdge Antigua. PB said they will start the fill tomorrow. Is that normal to wait a day before starting the fill?

Also, reading the WetEdge website they say I should have the salt cell removed for the first 28 days. Any experiences with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Plaster.jpg
Plaster2.jpg
Plaster3.jpg

Attachments

• Plaster.jpg
    Plaster.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 271
No salt for 30 days. Some manufacturers say to not have the unit inline even. I had a dummy cell in. But deff no salt or heater for 30 days. Reason for the dummy cell from pentair, at least, is cause of all the plaster dust going through the system after fresh plaster.

Looks good!

Well we have had to make a change to the original design. In order to not delay anymore due to the difficulty of getting a carpentry crew out, we are changing the wood deck to travertine. Hopefully that will be completed this weekend and we will be all done minus adding in salt.

IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 160
wow, looks great! congratulations!

I'm happy that this was a good experience for me and not a nightmare like others run into. Our PB has been very courteous, prompt, and honest along the way.

We did have a few bumps here or there, and I still have a few punch list items, but I have faith they will be taken care of.

This has ended up costing WAY more than I originally planned on spending, but we wanted a pool we loved, not one we settled for so we ended up paying for that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.