Pool Party with a TFP

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
We threw a pool party yesterday and had about 60 people in the pool. By the day's end the water was so murky that you couldn't see the drain covers through 6' of water. Now 24 hours later the water looks as good as it did before the party.

I took the FC to 12 (my CYA is 90) and and lowered the pH to 7.4. I ran the filter continuously through the event and through the night. This morning the pool was still a little cloudy but that quickly cleared up.

All these people in the pool and and over 300 beers disappeared... I'm sure everyone was making their own chemical additions to the pool

IMG_20170722_152924764.jpg

IMG_20170722_204803103.jpg

IMG_20170722_210048020.jpg

Here's the pool less than a day later

IMG_20170723_200150953.jpg

Nice!!!

Yeah, bunch of fireman in the pool....I'm sure their "hoses" were full open [emoji482][emoji481][emoji97]? You should do like the recent WSJ article suggested and have the pool water tested for the presence of artificial sweeteners as those are passed completely through the kidneys. Then you'd have PROOF!!!

So I have to ask, what was playing on the big screen? And was that a projector on a white sheet or just a massive flatscreen TV you picked up at Costco??

As Joanie said, I'm sure my invitation just got lost in the mail....

Nice!!!

Yeah, bunch of fireman in the pool....I'm sure their "hoses" were full open [emoji482][emoji481][emoji97]? You should do like the recent WSJ article suggested and have the pool water tested for the presence of artificial sweeteners as those are passed completely through the kidneys. Then you'd have PROOF!!!

So I have to ask, what was playing on the big screen? And was that a projector on a white sheet or just a massive flatscreen TV you picked up at Costco??

As Joanie said, I'm sure my invitation just got lost in the mail....

It was Moana... What else!?

I use a projector and bought some projector screen material off Amazon. My mom was nice enough to sew it and put some grommets in it to mount it to that pergola of death.

I'm going to guess that was 'Moana'? (My daughter loves that movie)

Same at my place. I've got it memorized :crazy:

I'd have been playing "Shark Week" if it were mine.
:shark:

So then there would be pee and poo in the pool

- - - Updated - - -

I would have been testing and adding every hour.

Found my invite, Damm USPS can't do their job right

I shut the party down halfway through to do a little breakpoint chlorination. I made everyone stand on the edge of the pool and watch me test the water until the levels we suitable for swimming again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
300 beers[emoji15]must have been a lot of thirsty people[emoji2]

300 beers / 60 guests = 5 beers/guest

So a 20% guest/beer ratio .... hmmmm .... seems maybe one should set their FC/CYA ratio to equal the guest/beer ratio for appropriate sanitation/oxidation levels.

There's a new Deep End thread here somewhere [emoji848]

300 beers / 60 guests = 5 beers/guest

So a 20% guest/beer ratio .... hmmmm .... seems maybe one should set their FC/CYA ratio to equal the guest/beer ratio for appropriate sanitation/oxidation levels.

There's a new Deep End thread here somewhere [emoji848]

Assuming that all 60 guests were adults over the drinking age[emoji44]

Brian,

You had 60 people in your pool... I don't think I know 60 people... :p

I found my invite in my SPAM folder.... too late for this year, but I'll be there next year... :drown:

Jim R.

You won't get an invite until you name your circuits in ScreenLogic :hammer:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure I fired down 3x my allotment of beers :cheers:

There were probably 20 something kids here and most of the women were were doing mixed drinks so probably more like 300/30= 10 each... Liver conditioning!

- - - Updated - - -

Side note: awesome pool!

It can be yours...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure I fired down 3x my allotment of beers :cheers:

There were probably 20 something kids here and most of the women were were doing mixed drinks so probably more like 300/30= 10 each... Liver conditioning!

- - - Updated - - -

It can be yours...

Now that's my kind of party[emoji3]

Happy now??? :poke:

dbtgallery.php

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.