Murrieta, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So after 10 years, this fixture needs to be replaced as the edison socket has gotten corroded to the point where it shorted even without a bulb. Both my lights developed small leaks over the years and I've band-aided them with silicone sealant, but the moisture finally got to one of the sockets.

I'm shopping for a new fixture. Other than the cord length and the bulb that comes with the light, are there any differences between the 300/400/400 watt versions? I need a 120V version.

The original bulb was 500W, but since this light illuminates a shallow portion of the pool and I believe I can go with a lower wattage. I'd like to retain the ability to revert to 500W if necessary, however.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Peterl1365,

From my understanding there is no difference between the fixture on the Amerlite 300W vs. Amerlite 500W except the bulb type so you could go with the 300W fixture and use your 500W bulb later on down the line. We have started to pair our PureColors LED Bulb with the Amerilite and I really like this option as you get a LED Color Chaning Bulb that is replaceable, the key thing is the bulb is replaceable as the Pentair, Hayward and Jandy LED's are integrated boards meaning if the LED ever goes bad you have to replace the entire Light Fixture.

Hi Peterl1365,

From my understanding there is no difference between the fixture on the Amerlite 300W vs. Amerlite 500W except the bulb type so you could go with the 300W fixture and use your 500W bulb later on down the line. We have started to pair our PureColors LED Bulb with the Amerilite and I really like this option as you get a LED Color Chaning Bulb that is replaceable, the key thing is the bulb is replaceable as the Pentair, Hayward and Jandy LED's are integrated boards meaning if the LED ever goes bad you have to replace the entire Light Fixture.

Thanks, that's what I've figured. I've replaced the bulbs before so I didn't think there was anything wattage-specific, but I just wanted to make sure before plunking down 200 bucks. I've actually had pretty decent luck with standard LED floodlights, so that's what I plan to use once the factory-installed bulb burns out. I get about 80% of the brightness for 5% of the power. It's a pretty small pool, so I don't need much light. Certainly not 1000 watts worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.