Need Your Automation Suggestions

I will check for the check valves. I know there are some check valves. This one in question should be on the suction line to the spa. Thinking about how they are, and how they should work so there is no leakage.

Thanks so much Jim! So much knowledge.

Jeff,

I don't have an attached spa, so I could be wrong, but I believe the check valve will be on the pressure side going to the Spa. The valve prevents any water in the spa from feeding backward down the input pipes in your spa and back into the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jeff,

I don't have an attached spa, so I could be wrong, but I believe the check valve will be on the pressure side going to the Spa. The valve prevents any water in the spa from feeding backward down the input pipes in your spa and back into the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

There are no check valves on the specific return lines going to the pool and spa, coming out of the heater. There is a check valve (I think that's what it is it has a clear plastic lid with flow arrow) between the pump and the filter.

Jeff,

I can't think of a reason to have a check valve between the pump and the filter, so that may be it... says the guy who does not have a built-in spa... :p

You might want to post your drain-down question in a new thread so that you can get some better answers.. I would also post a couple of pics of your equipment pad.

You could just open it, as I'm sure it is a check valve, an lube up the O-Rings and makes sure nothing is in the flapper area.. Can't hurt, and may fix the issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.