Need Swivel Fittings...

RASelkirk

Jul 11, 2015
Port Neches, TX
Hi All,

Got a Zodiac G3 that keeps circling the hose into a knot. The factory hose (sections) are long gone, now using some translucent hoses obtained from E-Bay and they are working good, the ends last much longer! I think these hoses are not as flexible, hence the problem. I'd love to find a couple M-F swivels to stick in between the hose sections. All I see are M-M for the long one-piece vacuum hoses, pretty sure they are slightly different sizes. Anybody got part numbers?

Thanks!

Russ

All the reviews I've read on Amazon say they leak air (if exposed to it) losing vacuum. Even if I found one in the right size, not sure I'd want one now. Anyway, I think I found the problem. The big floppy disc at the base had become soft it would fold under when in motion. I replaced it today and seems to be circling better...

Russ

The leader hose is normally the hose that goes into the head of the cleaner and that hose is Male x Female. Here you can see an example of a Pool Cleaner Leader Hose There is also this product called the Pool Cleaner Twister which agitates the hose every few minutes to make sure the cleaner does not get caught up.

All my G3 (E-Bay) hose sections are M-F, the stub on the cleaner is M leaving the end that plugs into the wall suction port a F fitting. Your 1st link would be useless on my cleaner, the 2nd is intriguing! If only I could figure out what it's actually doing, the vid was inconclusive. Replacing the skirt made for a lot of improvement, I feel the remaining problem is that the aftermarket hose is less flexible than what comes with the G3.

Russ

The leader hose is normally the hose that goes into the head of the cleaner and that hose is Male x Female. Here you can see an example of a Pool Cleaner Leader Hose There is also this product called the Pool Cleaner Twister which agitates the hose every few minutes to make sure the cleaner does not get caught up.

I ordered that "twister", will report back on it's effectiveness. I still think the non-Zodiac hose is quite a bit stiffer than the factory hose. Had I known that, I'd have bought replacement repair ends instead of all "new" hose.

Russ

Well, it's been in there two full days and it works great! Not only does my hose no longer circle over itself, but all areas of the floor are clean. Looks to be made from pretty cheap plastic though. We have quite a few days of 10+ UV index and it's in full sun all day, so time will tell...

Thanks Mr. Patrick!

Russ

Hi Raselkirt,

That's great that it seems to be working for you. I got the twister for my fathers pool a few years back and he was happy with it, he has since upgraded to a robotic cleaner so I'm not sure about the longevity of the product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.