Not safe to swim

Hi, I have asked a few questions before and got excellent answers. I used the recommendations that were given and now I have a few more questions. I still have algae issues so I'm emptying 30% of the water to replace with new. I have a soft side oval above ground, 4393 gallons. Will I be able to refill just as easily as it is emptying (undid the hoses on the filter) and will the sides collapse? And what a waste of what looks like clear water.
I am also going to put 1 gallon of bleach in. Should I put the bleach into the water that is left in the pool, see how it does, then add the new water or put it in after the new water is in?
I see that it states that with an FC level lower than 8, (my test results are below)the pool is not safe for swimming. I went in yesterday to vacuum and skim. What is unsafe about it? Could I have details so I don't concern myself with getting a horrible disease? It also states that I should brush the sides of the pool. When would it be safe to go in and really give it a good cleaning (vacuuming & brushing)?
Hope you can help.
Stacey

FC - Chlorine/Bromine 2/4
pH - 8.4
TA - 120
TH - 0
CYA - 100 - This acronym gets me sometimes since it also means "cover your " heehee

Sides won't collapse, leave a little in there so it won't move from wind. Water your grass with it. The cya holds clrine in reserve do if your below the minimum fc for your cya you are at risk of getting algae and pathogens. It should get green first before pathogens if you don't have algaecide in the pool. Put the bleach in after filling enough that it won't get on the floor or sides of the pool and use the hose to mix it into the pool, it will kill anything leftover in the water.

Honestly the test strips aren't going to work, who knows if they are reading correctly, so getting a test kit is the most important thing and you will be enjoying and not fighting your pool.

If the cost of water is not too high drain it all out and start over. Fill water has no cya in it so you can add 30 ppm worth of stabilizer and add in 5-10 ppm of bleach the first day and 3 ppm worth of bleach a day untill you get your kit.

Thank you cfherrman; It should be here after the weekend. I'll see what the results are, post them here and hopefully will be able to do something. I have to pay to have the pool filled again, which I would definitely do if I have to, but hopefully some good old elbow grease and chemicals will help me do the job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.