It's my turn to take the conversion plunge!

Welcome to TFP! Good luck with the conversion. I like to watch! :mrgreen:

Woke up and checked the FC. Level was at 6.5, so I added the necessary amount of bleach. Water looks exactly the same as it did yesterday. Filter is clogged pretty good again. I have a feeling I'll be cleaning that thing a lot today.

You're doing great.

re: filter - I don't think you should run it without the filter in the housing. I could be wrong, but you are probably better off just hosing it down and putting it back in.

Did you get your replacement yet for when your conversion is complete?

Good Morning! I have been running it with it in there now. Yesterday I had a little issue getting it to work for me, but have since fixed the problem. So the filter has been in the housing. I haven't gotten the replacement yet. I'll probably wait till it gets closer to complete.

Time for a late afternoon update. I have been keeping the FC as close to 15 as possible today. The sun has been hidden for the last several hours, so I have been checking level more frequently. The level has also been holding a little more today. The water is beginning to clear up. I can actually see the bottom while standing on the deck. YAY! I have been taking the filter out and cleaning it every couple of hours. It gets this yellow tint to it. Looks almost like sulfur. The filter was pretty clogged when I started, so I was expecting to have to clean it frequently. Anyway, here are a couple of pics at about 28 hours into the conversion. I think I'm on my way!!

DSCF1818.jpg

DSCF1817.jpg

The pool is getting much clearer now. Still has a pretty thick haze, but i can see the bottom easily now. Last test put my FC at 10.5 after a few hours, so it's holding much longer now. I'm going to bring it to 15 and call it a night. I'll post pics and update in the morning.

It's coming along! Just a couple more days and you should be well on your way!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! What a difference a day makes. The pool went through a major transformation overnight. It is very clear, but still has a greenish looking tint to it. The FC level was 9 when I woke up, so it is holding way better now. I will be getting my replacement cartridge today so I'll have it on hand. Here are some updated pics from this morning. I can't wait..... :-D

DSCF1820.jpg

DSCF1821.jpg

DSCF1822.jpg

As you get to the later stages, it is a more efficient use of chlorine to only add chlorine in the evenings. Adding chlorine all day will speed up the process, but much more chlorine will be lost to sunlight.

What a difference! Betcha that put a skip in your step this morning! :mrgreen:

Isn't it just amazing?! Now is the point where you'll need some POP (pool owner patience). When your water looks completely clear just make sure your FC holds to 15 and your CC's are .5 or less. It could take a night or two or three...lol..but it will get there. Then just stare at your sparkily water water and enjoy!

Yeah I'm quite pleased with the conversion thus far. I was wondering though, when should I start to test the CC? I haven't been testing for anything except the FC up to this point. The sun is pretty intense right now, I'm hoping some clouds will roll in, otherwise I'll just add the bleach in the evening. Thanks for the input and comments!

Test the CC to see what it is and report back. If it's over 1ppm, then continue to shock! :whip: :mrgreen:

You'll want to do the over night FC test by bringing it to shock level at night and testing it before the sun hits the pool in the morning. If you lose less than 1ppm FC and have less than .5CC then you are done and can change out the filter media, you're done! :cool:

Just got home and tested, my FC is at 2.5 and my CC is at 2.5. I'll bring the level of FC back up and test again in a few hours.
Just to be clear on how to check CC. Here is what I did. Starting with 10ml of pool water:
1. I added two scoops of the powder, swirled.
2. Then added the 0871 drops to get to clear, ended up being 5 drops. So FC is 2.5.
3. Then I added 5 drops of the 0003, and the water came back to pink.
4. I then added the 0871 again, it took 5 drops, so the CC is also 2.5.
Did I do that correctly?

Great, thanks for the reply Jason.
The water is crystal clear with WAY more sparkle than it EVER had with the Baquacil. It's funny, I used to comment all the time on how clear my water was with the Baq in it. I didn't think it could look clearer. I was wrong. The difference is night and day. I guess my water wasn't that clear after all, and the conversion isn't even complete yet!
Quick question, is it safe for me to get in the pool to vacuum the stuff off the bottom? What determines if it is safe for me to do that? I won't be in for long, just enough time to get the stuff that has settled to the center of the pool bottom. My vacuum pole doesn't quite reach to the center.
Here is an updated pic at 54 hours and about 35 gallons of bleach in:

DSCF0093.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.