New(er) pool owner, very stubborn brownish stains

Sounds good, thank you everyone for the help so far! I feel like you've gotten me on the right track. I'll have to go pickup more jugs of bleach tomorrow.

I don't have an aquarium ammonia test kit, I could pick one up if you think it's worth it to find out the ammonia level in the water?

Sounds good, thank you everyone for the help so far! I feel like you've gotten me on the right track. I'll have to go pickup more jugs of bleach tomorrow.

I don't have an aquarium ammonia test kit, I could pick one up if you think it's worth it to find out the ammonia level in the water?

Dont buy one special. It takes 10 ppm chlorine to oxide one ppm ammonia, so just keep adding until you keep Fc up

Just noticed that my pool is like your pools big brother, even down to almost identical equipment!

Keep dosing until we can hold FC with a lower CC #, and then we will get a full set of results and start getting all your numbers in line. We just want to make sure all the ammonia is gone

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CC's are dropping that's a very good sign.
Here's a formula to determine the best price on chlorine:
Price/ounces/concentration.
$3.50 of 121 oz of 8.25%
3.5/121/.0825=.325 or 32.5 cents per effective ounce.
With your CYA level of 60 you can safely target a FC level of 24 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.