aquapure 1400 no chlorine

Aug 27, 2008
i have a 1 year old pool with jandy 1400 aquapure system. just tested my water and took it in to the pool store. they say i have 0 chlorine. everything else is fine. i have no error codes and run the unit at 90%. water is crystal clear. does look like i may have some discoloration on the plaster. kinda light brown areas.

i plan on shocking the pool tonight. i opened up the cell and it looks clean. no scales or debris. its been very hot and sunny, no rain and temps in the high 90's.

free chlorine 0
total chlorine 0
ph 8.2
hardness 200 ppm
alk 110 ppm
cy acid 50 ppm
copper 0
iron 0
salinity 3000

the computer said to add 2 pt of muratic acid
and 3 lbs of salt shock.

the lights show the unit on, flow is ok, flow reversing/cleaning and it goes to cell resting from time to time. water temp is 92

You should bring the PH down to 7.5 right away, before shocking.

You should also raise the CYA level up to between 70 and 80. The low CYA level might be the problem. You lose a lot more chlorine to sunlight when the CYA level is low, which could be enough that the SWG can't feel up and algae has been able to get started (even if you can't see it yet).

Shocking is a great idea. Once you shock and adjust the levels the SWG should be able to keep up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.