well i am a new pool owner, as of dec last year, in phoenix (ie, lots of sunshine!). we had a pool guy for a couple months, and used various chemicals thereafter by ourselves, then all of a sudden it got cloudy a couple weeks ago. i have attended pool school 8) but haven't graduated yet! (i'm halfway through!) so i got a couple cheap test kits from WM and lots of bleach. here's the test results before bleach:
pH 7.5 (other test says 6.4 - not sure which is correct)
so... i don't have any stabilizer - though i could get some tomorrow. i've put in 5 gal of 6% bleach - now my FC level is at least 10. (test doesn't go higher than that.) since i don't have a test for just CC, i can't just stop shocking when it gets to 0. so do i stop shocking when it looks clear? and then add the stabilizer? or get the stabilizer in asap, and then shock to clear?
btw, i put in my sig that my pool is 15k gal, but it's definitely a guesstimate.